Scottish Driving School is more than just a Driving Standards Agency Approved school of motoring. It is about learning to drive without the stress and uncertainty that comes with standard lessons. A conventional lesson is usually taken as one lesson each week for 12 months. It will take this length of time to become a reasonably confident driver.
Conventional lessons will teach you how to operate the car controls and follow the rules according to the Highway Code. You will be taught a lot more than the basics when you learn to drive with the Scottish Driving School. Anticipation, planning, understanding how other road users might act are just three examples of our advanced way of teaching.
Intensive Driving Courses
Intensive learn to drive courses taken with Us are an essential part of learning to drive in a short amount of time. We respect that each learner driver has their preferred method of learning. Our intensive courses provide enough practice to raise your confidence. Before you take a practical test, we concentrate on providing you with good safe driving techniques.The original method of providing intensive driving courses for new drivers is outdated due to traffic conditions and the method of being tested. It used to be that lesson number one was taken on a Monday and on the next Friday you took your driving test. Taking recent previous lessons or tests would be one situation where this might work. It might also work for people who are mechanically minded or practical by nature. Such as farmers, car mechanics etc.
Courses that really do work
Scottish Driving School courses do work, and I wish that we could offer a guaranteed pass but because of the way human nature is that’s not possible. The one guarantee that we can offer though is that your driver training will be the best that you can receive anywhere in Scotland. We offer over 44 years of driver training experience that is priceless. We have helped extremely nervous learners towards their first time pass success. We help over 80% of pupils taking one of our intensive driving courses to pass their practical test first time with no errors.
If you have taken previous lessons and are not sure how many lessons you might need, why not book a 2 hour assessment lesson to discuss your requirements and available options. You can book your assessment here. You can see more options at the bottom of this page and you could even create your own lesson time table based on your schedule, subject to availability.
Create your own course
You can create your own type of intensive course to suit your needs. Here are a few suggestions that will trigger your imagination.
- Half day course morning or afternoon Mon-Fri
- One day course Mon-Fri
- Saturday morning course
- A one day a week morning course taken over as many weeks as required
- A course lesson is for 2 hours. Example: a morning or afternoon course would be two hours each session.
- Bookings are now being taken for December, January and some vacancies are available for November
- All courses over 15 hours in any combination if paid in advance would include the driving test fee valued at £62
- A theory test pass is not required for any course except when a test is taken
- Why not practice first then we will book your test when you are ready to pass? Then there will be no pressure to meet a test deadline.
- Traditional courses are available
- How to prepare for your test
- Show me tell me questions
- Driving lessons Nervous learners